GoFrendly operates within a set of values that represent our team and community members. Our values concern and guide all interactions taking place in GoFrendly. Our aim is to ensure that we all have common principles and understanding of how the GoFrendly community is operating:
- Positive and friendly: GoFrendly members are nice to each other and keep a positive tone of voice in all communication. Everyone is treated equally with kindness and warmth. Good vibes only!
- Supportive and accepting: We help each other out and understand that each journey is individual. Do good and may the karma be with you!
- Inclusive and diverse: We celebrate and embrace the diversity of both our members and their stories. Respect other people’s beliefs, interests and privacy while on GoFrendly.
- Respectful and human: Remember that you are interacting with real people, not just a screen. Treat others the way you want to be treated: friendly and with respect.
- Honest and true: Be yourself on GoFrendly with your true identity and correct information on who you are. Behave the way you would like to be treated in real life.
Let’s continue to build a friendly, supportive and simply amazing community together. The kind of community that makes your day just a bit better, your life a bit more adventurous and that puts a smile on your face. By living these GoFrendly values and following our community guidelines you can help to maintain this genuine vibe.
In addition to the values above representing how we view our digital community, we also developed a set of rules to specify certain behaviours that have no space on GoFrendly.
In GoFrendly, it is our priority to encourage positive and meaningful connections among our members. Therefore, we expect community members to be responsible, follow these guidelines and help us flag behaviour that violates our guidelines. As a community rooted in kindness, we expect all of our members to respect each other, themselves, and the GoFrendly team. We count on your help!
In GoFrendly we do not allow:
- Harassment and/or (inciting) violence
- Hate speech
- Rude or abusive behaviour
- Bullying and/or exclusion
- Discrimination (of any kind!)
- Negative vibes and bad tone
- Pushy behaviour towards alcohol, drugs and/or sex
- Sexually explicit communication*
- Identity theft
- Fake news
- Illegal activities
* GoFrendly is an all-female digital community for platonic connections. Thus, all communication indicating unwanted sexual (under)tone is to be reported.
Our guidelines concern all profiles, pictures and messages as well as activities. If you see a rule violation, please flag it by tapping on the three dots within a profile and report the user. Afterwards, our team will take measures based on evidence to keep up the good vibe.
As previously stated, express yourself by stating truthful information including your profile picture and description. By doing so, you’re contributing to maintaining GoFrendly a safe space for women to connect based on shared interests and life experiences.
GoFrendly photo guidelines:
- Upload only post photos of you (that you own and/or have the full rights to).
- Your face must be clearly visible in all photos.
- No kids on their own. They must be in the photo with you, and fully clothed.
- No pictures in underwear or bikinis/swimwear indoors.
- No watermarks or text overlaid.
- No religious, political or ideological message.*
- No graphic or animated photos.
- No guns/drugs/pornographic material.
- Avoid group-photos.
*you’re free to express your opinions on these matters in your profile description if they comply with our values mentioned above.
GoFrendly messaging guidelines:
- Keep a positive attitude and warm tone in all communication. If you experience a breach of these guidelines, please report the user or contact our support at email@example.com.
- Be respectful and curious in your contact with other members of the community.
- GoFrendly is for platonic relationships only. Anyone seeking romantic connections in communication is kindly referred to other communities suitable for romantic relationships. If you need help with finding a suitable community, don’t hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or our social media channels. We’ll do our best to point you in the right direction.
- We have a zero-tolerance against any form of harassment, hate speech, bullying and exclusion.
- We kindly ask you to avoid ghosting. We know that it can at times be challenging to reject a friend or tell them that there is no shared interest in the friendship. If you need help with how to communicate this, please contact us on our social media channels and we’ll help you out.
- Don’t share personal information about a member outside of the community without her permission.
GoFrendly activity guidelines:
- Create inclusive and engaging activities. *
- Always take safety precautions when planning activities. We recommend you to use the video chat as verification beforehand and that the first meetups are in a public environment.
- Have an inviting and descriptive title and activity description.
- Avoid capital letters in title and description.
- Following activities will be removed by the admin if they contain elements in the title and/or description that:
- Encourage harmful, illegal, dangerous or destructive behaviour.
- Conceal or misrepresent the primary purpose of the activity.
- Advertise, promote and/or sell products/services/businesses without permission from the GoFrendly team.
- Push the community members to other social channels.
- Expose community members to unsafe conditions and/or situations.
- Lack clear connection to meetups for social purposes (eg over shared interests, networking, social activities, new friendships)
*you can create private activities that are invitation-only where you as the host invite other members manually. However, if your activity is public it must comply with our values and rules of it being available for everyone within your preference settings.